Some people spend their lives on trivial diversions, seeking worldly comfort and pleasure above all else. But Jesus said, "Whoever loses his life for my sake will save it," pointing to the eternal purpose and God-exalting joy to which all Christians are called. In this best-selling book, John Piper passionately warns readers of the dangers of a life that counts for nothing, calling Christians to take risks in their lives that matter for eternity—with a passion for the glory of God that seeks to make much of him in all spheres of life. This gift edition has a new cloth-over-board cover and ribbon marker.
Table of Contents:
- My Search for a Single Passion to Live By
- Breakthrough—the Beauty of Christ, My Joy
- Boasting Only in the Cross, the Blazing Center of the Glory of God
- Magnifying Christ Through Pain and Death
- Risk Is Right—Better to Lose Your Life Than to Waste It
- The Goal of Life—Gladly Making Others Glad in God
- Living to Prove He Is More Precious Than Life
- Making Much of Christ from 8 to 5
- The Majesty of Christ in Missions and Mercy—A Plea to This Generation
- My Prayer—Let None Say in the End, “I’ve Wasted It”
About the Author
John Piper is founder and lead teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. He served for thirty-three years as the pastor for preaching and vision of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is the author of more than fifty books, including Desiring God; Don’t Waste Your Life; and Providence.