Lorimer, Rev. John G.
You probably speak 20,000 words a day, give or take, and each one influences those who listen. No wonder God has so much to say about our words. We are all counselors, whether we realize it or not!
Speaking Truth in Love is a blueprint for communication that strengthens community in Christ. The principles outlined in this pivotal work are specific to counseling, yet extend to marriage, family, friendship, business, and the church.
Practical in its approach yet comprehensive in its scope, Speaking Truth in Love is sure to become required reading for anyone interested in pursuing a career as a counselor or anyone else who longs for ways to redeem relationships.
Table of Contents:
Part 1: Speaking Truth in Love
1. Suffering and Psalm 119
2. The Facts of Life
3. Hearing the Music of the Gospel
4. How Healthy Is Your Preparation?
5. What Questions Do You Ask?
6. Think Globally, Act Locally
7. Illustrative Counseling
8. Talk Incessantly? Listen Intently!
9. How Do You Help a ‘Psychologized’ Counselee?
Part 2: We Grow Up Together
10. What Is ‘Ministry of the Word’?
11. Counseling Is the Church
12. What Will You Ask For?
13. Pastoral Counseling
14. Counseling Under the Influence of the X Chromosome
15. Do You Ever Refer?
16. Why I Chose Seminary for Counseling Training
17. Affirmations and Denials
"A gift to the body of Christ that will help us use God's word more skillfully." - Bob Lepine - Co-Host, FamilyLife Today"A winsome, readable handbook that delves into the heart of how God would have us relate to one another." - Joni Earickson Tada - JAF International