Johnson, Jeffrey D.
Why do some leaders stay the course and grow in wisdom while others fall into abuse, deception, and immorality? The Bible gives a clear answer by grounding every leadership competency in one quality: the fear of the Lord. In Leading from the Foundation Up, David Cook and Shane Parker offer the only book focused on Christian leadership philosophy and practice rooted in reverential awe. Standing on this foundation, they walk readers through the elements of leadership that help followers flourish. Developing and seasoned leaders alike will benefit from this uniquely biblical approach as they grow in character and competency for the sake of the church.
The Foundation for Leadership
1. The Foundation of Christian Leadership
2. The Fear of the Lord
3. Leadership and God’s Plan for Human Flourishing
4. How the Fear of God Forms Leaders
5. A Story of God-Fearing Leadership
Interlude: How God Teaches Us to Fear Him
Building on the Foundation for Leadership
6. Earning Trust through God-Fearing Integrity
7. Leadership Skills Built on God-Fearing Wisdom
8. The Allure of Counterfeit Wisdom
9. The Leader’s Zeal and God-Fearing Conviction
10. God-Fearing Leadership and the Family
11. The Leader and God-Fearing Justice
12. The Undeniable Cost of God-Fearing Leadership
About the Author:
David M. Cook serves as senior pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Greenwood, Indiana, and is on the faculty at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.